PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Peoria County Coroners Office released details on the shooting death of the victim who died in a late-night shooting Monday.
County Coroner Jamie Harwood identified the man as 43-year-old Andre Leathers Sr. of Peoria. Police found Leathers in the backyard of a residence in the 300 block of N. Saratoga St.
An autopsy confirmed that Leathers had suffered a close-range single gunshot wound to the face and died instantly.
The incident is still under investigation by the Peoria Police Department.
- Local health department leaders say COVID-19 cases could increase after Fourth of July celebrations
- Kurt’s Korner for July 7, 2020: trick shots in a parking garage
- Morton School Board using parent input to create return-to-school plan
- Community members rally in front of Peoria Police Department to support law enforcement
- Pekin High School to host graduation ceremony