PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A professional fisherman, also known as the “Marathon Man,” attempts to break his own Guinness World Record for most fish caught in a day.
Jeff Kolodzinski has been fishing since 9 a.m. Wednesday morning at the Sankoty resort in Peoria. He will fish for 24 hours straight in an attempt to break the world record. He has to catch more than 140 fish an hour to beat last year’s record of 2,172 by 9 a.m. Thursday.
As of 5:30 p.m. he caught 1,237 fish, but beating his angling goal is for a good cause. Kolodzinski is hoping to raise $20,000 for the Fishing For Life Foundation.
You can keep up with him and donate here.
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Tailgate N’ Tallboys returning to Peoria in 2021
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- DeAndre Houston-Carson is helping the Bears’ defense close games in 2020
- Regional Cross Country Roundup