STREATOR, Ill. (WMBD) — Multiple people were shocked in an incident in LaSalle County around 11 a.m. Tuesday morning.
LaSalle County Sheriff Adam Diss released a report confirming that five workers from Double L Seamless Gutters sustained electrical shocks while working on ladders at a three-story residence at 1488 N 1659th Road.
A piece of aluminum gutter struck a power line, causing the electrocutions and knocking several workers to the ground.
Of the five injured workers, one male victim was taken by OSF Life Flight Helicopter from the scene to OSF St. Francis Medical Center in Peoria. Three male victims were taken by ambulance to OSF St. Elizabeth’s Medical Center in Ottawa, and one male victim was taken by ambulance to the OSF Center for Health in Streator
Grand Ridge Fire Chief Tim Geiger told Shaw Local News Network that three of the five workers sustained “possible life-threatening injuries.” As of 4:15 p.m., Sheriff Diss confirmed that no fatalities have been reported.
The names of the victims have not yet been released.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.