PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria police said a fuel leak led to a road closure Monday at N Maxwell Rd & W Farmington Rd.
Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell said a rusted semi-truck fuel tank cracked open, leading to a significant amount of diesel fuel leaking onto the roadway.
The Illinois Department of Transportation and Limestone Fire Department addressed the hazmat conditions, but have closed-off the road to clean up the spill.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Peoria city council, county board expected to approve racial justice commission
- Our Table – Peoria airs world premiere episode
- Clear and Present Danger: The Waste
- Ross Jackson wins 2020 Hershey Grant for encouraging everyone to be kind
- D87 eyeballing proposal that would eliminate final exams and reduce graduation requirements