PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria police said a fuel leak led to a road closure Monday at N Maxwell Rd & W Farmington Rd.
Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell said a rusted semi-truck fuel tank cracked open, leading to a significant amount of diesel fuel leaking onto the roadway.
The Illinois Department of Transportation and Limestone Fire Department addressed the hazmat conditions, but have closed-off the road to clean up the spill.
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- Tazewell County Sheriff’s office distributes 5,000 masks to local junior high
- ‘Space hurricane’ spotted above Earth for first time ever
- Tri-county update shows 54 new cases of COVID-19, 1 additional death
- ‘I’m sorry for whatever pain I caused’: Gov. Cuomo apologizes following harassment allegations
- IDPH announces 2,104 new cases of COVID-19, 44 additional deaths