BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — An inmate at the McLean County Detention Facility has tested positive for COVID-19.
Sheriff John Sandage says the inmate has been awaiting transfer to the Illinois Department of Corrections for a few months.
Additionally, Sandage says his office has filed a lawsuit against Governor J.B. Pritzker and the Illinois Department of Corrections for “failing to take inmates who have been sentenced to their custody” which he says is “creating a health and financial burden on the facility and taxpayers of McLean County.”
Sandage said in a statement that the jail is working with medical staff and the county health department on steps to prevent the spread of the virus, including testing of all staff and inmates.
- Prep Basketball Teams, Coaches Reunite Tuesday
- Bradley, ISU Preparing for Rivalry Game Without Fans
- Peoria Public Schools welcomes back high school students for in-person learning
- Local health departments seeing major demand for COVID-19 vaccine
- Indoor dining is allowed, but owners say customers can expect some changes