Mexican Street Corn Salad
This simple and flavorful dish is sure to be a hit at your next tailgate!
Number of Servings: 10
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
5 ears of corn on the cob, or 4 cups frozen corn, thawed and drained
2 Tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
½ small red onion, diced
½ cup crumbled Cotija cheese
⅓ cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves
¼ cup lime juice (juice from about 2 limes)
2 Tablespoons light mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons light sour cream
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 dash chili powder (optional)
1. Remove kernels of corn from the cob.
2. Add oil to a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Add corn to the skillet and stir. Cook for 7-10 minutes or until the corn starts to char.
4. Add corn to a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients, except the chili powder, and stir until everything is combined.
5. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Just before serving, garnish with a dash of chili powder.
Per ½ cup serving
Total Fat: 8g
Saturated Fat: 0g
Total Carbohydrate: 19 g
Dietary Fiber: 2g
Total Sugars: 4g
Added Sugars: 0g
Love Good Day Central Illinois? We love you, too. And you can have all the hijinks delivered to your inbox every weekday morning. Sign up and subscribe to our Daily Newsletter.