BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — A new face is throwing his hat in the ring for mayor of Bloomington.
Mike Straza officially announced his candidacy by way of a Facebook video Thursday morning. Straza said he is now suspending his campaign for alderman of Bloomington’s ward five in an effort to become the city’s next mayor.
His announcement comes one day after Mayor Tari Renner announced he will not seek re-election of a third term.
Straza has lived in Bloomington for the last 37 years.
- TBT Highlights Big Basketball Week in Peoria
- Virginia man shares experiences of life in Japan during the pandemic
- Heartland Health Services host event giving out 200 backpacks, school supplies
- Certain severe thunderstorm warnings will become wireless emergency alerts
- Bring the pain: Olympic swimming begins with grueling 400 IM