PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD)– Central Illinoisans were hit with afternoon severe weather Wednesday.
The lines of storms traveled west across the region bringing hail, strong winds, flooding, knocking out power, and confirmed reports of tornadoes.
- Do not walk, swim, or drive through floodwaters. Turn Around, Don’t Drown!
- Just six inches of moving water can knock you down, and one foot of moving water can sweep your vehicle away.
- Stay off of bridges over fast-moving water.
- Depending on the type of flooding:
- Evacuate if told to do so.
- Move to higher ground or a higher floor.
- Stay where you are.
See the current outages HERE.
This story will be updated.
- Peoria Police hoping to identify person of interest
- LIVE: Pritzker gives COVID-19 update in Chicago
- Illinois reports 1,759 new COVID-19 cases, 30 coronavirus-related deaths
- Normal police officer finds garage on fire at Towanda and Baugh
- Bloomington apparel designer celebrates store’s grand opening