MORTON, Ill. (WMBD) — The Morton Board of Trustees appointed Jason Miller the next Morton Police Chief during a special meeting Monday.
This appointment comes after the current Police Chief Craig Hilliard announced his retirement last week.
In his resignation letter, Hilliard stated he would like to thank the village board, the police commission, and his family.
“I would like to extend my gratitude to both the Village Board and the Morton Police Commission for allowing me to take such an exhilarating ride and aiding in making my dream of becoming an officer a reality,” Hilliard stated. “Most importantly, I would like to thank my family for their love and support throughout my journey for without their patience and understanding I would not have been able to achieve all that I have.”
Miller will be sworn in as Morton Chief of Police on July 1.
- Bears’ offense seeks answers after poor showing against Rams
- Newsfeed Now: Biden goes on offense in Georgia while President Trump targets Midwest
- 42 new cases of COVID-19 in McLean County
- FBI seeking possible victims of killer who traveled across the country; may have visited Missouri, Illinois
- Amazon to hire 100,000 for new seasonal jobs