PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria police have blocked off several Shell gas stations that the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) closed in the area because of possible tax revenue violations.
WMBD reached out to IDOR for more information on the closures. The state agency sent a statement just before noon:
“Our Bureau of Criminal Investigations conducts investigations of potential violations of the Illinois tax laws and related offenses and, if warranted, refers the matter for criminal prosecution. The Illinois Department of Revenue cannot comment on the status of ongoing investigations, however, or even acknowledge their existence due to confidentiality provisions in the tax laws.”Maura Kownacki, Spokesperson for the Illinois Department of Revenue
A list of confirmed closed gas stations can be seen below:
- 4310 Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61614
- 1900 Knoxville Ave, Peoria, IL 61603
- 4709 N Sterling Ave, Peoria, IL 61615
- 1108 W Main St, Peoria, IL 61606
- 1100 N Main St, East Peoria, IL 61611
- 9109 N Allen Rd, Peoria, IL 61615
This story will be updated as more information becomes available.