Thursday is National Taco Day, and there are a handful of places where you can score big on special deals around the area.
According to the made-up holiday’s website, NationalTacoDay.com, Americans ate more than 4.5 billion tacos last year.
Here are some of the day’s deals for this year:
- Jalapeno’s Metro Bar & Grill: Celebrate the day with an all taco platter, $6.99 for lunch and $9.99 for dinner. There is also a margarita special, $3/16oz and $5/27oz.
- Los Cabos Cantina & Grill: At both locations in Peoria, you can get $2 off any specialty taco platter.
- Mariachi Mexican Restaurant Bar and Grill: Every Thursday is National Taco Day at Mariachi, with $1 taco specials, as well as half price margaritas.
- Moe’s Southwest Grill: From Thursday through Sunday, member of the Moe’s loyalty program can get a free taco when they purchase two. To join the program, download the Moe’s app at www.moes.com/rewards.
- Qdoba: Qdoba Rewards program members can get double or triple points based on what tier of the program they’re on through www.qdoba.com/rewards.
- Red Robin: The burger restaurant is offering a limited-time offer where you can get the Taco Tavern Double with Bottomless Steak Fries for $6.99.
- Taco Bell: The chain is offering a National Taco Day Gift Set. For $5, you can get four hard shell tacos including Crunchy Taco, Fiery, Cool Ranch, and Nacho Cheese Doritos Locos Tacos.