BARTONVILLE, Ill. (WMBD) — Bartonville Police annoused the passing of one of their K-9 Friday.
According to a Facebook post a few days ago Nitro showed signs that his cancer aggressively returned. By the time they discovered something was wrong, cancer had already spread throughout most of his body.
Bartonville Officer Jason Howard was Nitro’s partner for the last seven years and called Nitro the best partner in the world.
“Nitro was the best partner in the world. I know he loved getting attention from all the kids that always wanted to pet him and helping the Village residents,” Howard said.
Nitro was an eight-year-old Belgium Malinois and had served in the Bartonville police department since 2013.
- DNA kit leads to arrest for alleged sexual assault in April 2019
- Bond set for Bloomington man accused of beating disabled woman
- Bloomington man found guilty of murder wants new lawyer, sentencing delayed
- Normal man arrested on gun and drug charges
- Medical experts say COVID-19 fatigue to blame for hospital bed uptick, encourage public to mask up and stay vigilant