PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — No new deaths have been reported as a result of COVID-19, according to the Peoria City/County Health Department.
Peoria County reported an additional 136 cases for a total of 7,264. In Tazewell County cases are up by 114 for a total of 4,948 and in Woodford County there are an additional 43 for a total of 1,313.
Collectively, the department is reporting 13,561 cases of COVID-19 in the tri-county area and 194 deaths as a result of COVID-19.
The tri-County COVID-19 update states 67.5% have recovered and 30% are self-isolating at home. The hospitalization rate is 0.72%.
- Region reaches critical need for blood donors, community encouraged to donate
- Trump DOJ appointee resigns after subpoenas come to light
- Georgia supermarket cashier shot to death, deputy wounded in mask dispute: sheriff
- Despite fewer COVID-19 vaccinations in central Illinois, doses aren’t wasted
- Peoria man’s truck stolen in seconds in broad daylight