NORMAL, Ill. (WMBD) — Normal Police are trying to identify the remains of a body found Monday afternoon in a wooded area in the north part of Normal near Greenbriar Drive and Hershey Road.
Patrol officers responded to reports of a body in the area around 12:30 p.m. After arriving at the scene, they found the body and called in detectives and representatives from the McLean County Coroner’s Office to inspect and identify the remains.
An autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday and more information about the deceased is expected to be released afterward.
This incident remains under investigation by the Normal Police Department (NPD) and the McLean County Coroner’s Office. Those that traveled through the area recently and have information to aid the investigation are encouraged to call NPD at 309-454-9535 or 309-888-5030.
- Peoria city manager presents balanced 2021 budget to city council members
- Governor May Have Tipped His Hand on IHSA Winter Sports Tuesday
- No Trip to Redbird Arena This Fall for U-High, the Pioneers Wait For Spring
- Man driving a stolen RV crashes in downtown Pekin
- BPD to release weekly election safety tips for community members