PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Two weeks of remote learning starts Tuesday, Aug. 25 for Norwood Elementary after a staff member has tested positive for COVID-19, school officials said.
The district’s interim superintendent confirmed a staff member has tested positive for COVID-19. As a result, the school is transitioning to at least two weeks of remote learning.
The transition to virtual will only impact the elementary school located on Farmington Road.
School officials said the primary school location will proceed as normal as no one from the building has been exposed to the positive staff member.
- Dems and Trump trade blame for COVID-19 failures as election nears
- State Rep. Keith Sommer talks Springfield instability, authored legislation
- Americans struggle with food security amid pandemic
- Chef Mark makes spicy shrimp BLT sandwiches
- Walmart to expand store hours in November