PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Two people are in an area hospital after an accident involving a Peoria police officer Tuesday afternoon.
The Peoria Police Department said a suspect driving a stolen minivan ran a stop sign in front of a police officer around 4 p.m. near Laramie St and Meidroth St. The cop ended up hitting the minivan due to the proximity.
The two were transported to an area hospital and the extent of their injuries are currently unknown.
- Bartonville Fire Department could be expanding with referendum on ballot
- Two Central Illinois teachers named Regional Teachers of the Year
- Voting update: Tazewell County seeing ballots being returned without postage
- Police investigating reports of women being sexually harassed in Washington
- McLean County warns of continued West Nile virus risk