BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD)– One woman was burned in a fire on the fifth floor of Phoenix Tower in Bloomington Wednesday night at about 11:30 p.m.
Battalion Chief Gary Smith confirmed the woman was rushed to the hospital. The building’s sprinkler system contain the spread of the fire.
Bloomington firefighters remained on scene for several hours to help clear smoke and water.
There were a total of 7 units displaced by the fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Peoria NAACP president responds to overnight violence, vandalism throughout the city
- Bremer Jewelry assesses attempted break-in, adding additional security
- Peoria Zoo broken into, donkeys released but safely returned
- George Floyd’s children denounce violence following protests across the country
- Several stores looted in Bloomington, Normal overnight