BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD)– One woman was burned in a fire on the fifth floor of Phoenix Tower in Bloomington Wednesday night at about 11:30 p.m.
Battalion Chief Gary Smith confirmed the woman was rushed to the hospital. The building’s sprinkler system contain the spread of the fire.
Bloomington firefighters remained on scene for several hours to help clear smoke and water.
There were a total of 7 units displaced by the fire.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation.
- Suspected Western Illinois University shooter makes first court appearance
- As suicides rise, Army brass reassessing outreach
- Election officials: people cannot wear political masks, shirts, hats, or buttons to vote
- CI Hero: Illinois man continues Larry ‘The Flag Man’ Eckhardt’s mission to honor veterans
- Peoria community mourns after four women killed in Sunday morning car crash