PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — (UPDATE: 3:45 p.m.) — The identity of the man who died during a single vehicle crash Wednesday night has been identified.
Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood identified the victim as 46-year-old Christopher Parr of Peoria.
Parr crashed on the 300 block of W. Glen Ave. and was partially ejected from the vehicle.
Parr was pronounced dead at the scene around 12:32 a.m. after being found with no signs of life.
Harwood said Parr likely died instantly. There will be no autopsy and a toxicology report is pending.
A man is dead after being partially ejected from his vehicle during a single-vehicle crash Wednesday night.
On Wednesday, Aug. 27, Peoria police arrived at the scene of the crash where they found a 46-year-old man partially ejected from his vehicle around 11:28 p.m. Police determined the driver was traveling westbound on W. Glen Ave. when the vehicle left the roadway and struck a culvert.
The driver was pronounced dead at the scene.
More information about the victim is expected to be released from the Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood. An investigation is ongoing.
- The fate of Peoria St. Patrick’s Day traditions is unknown, organizers say they’re waiting to make any announcements
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- Limited indoor dining now allowed for Region 2
- Peoria’s Annual MLK Luncheon will be virtual, featuring Bernice King
- Cuddles for Kids: Non-profit gives hospitalized children additional comfort