WASHINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — A welfare check in Washington Monday has turned into a homicide investigation.
Washington Police Chief Mike McCoy says officers were called to an apartment on Holland Street about 12:30 p.m. where they found a man dead. McCoy says another person has been arrested for the death. He does not believe the incident holds any threat to the public.
A news conference has been planned for Tuesday at 10 a.m. The name of the victim and the person arrested is expected to be released after family members are notified.
This is the second homicide investigation in Washington this month. 34-year-old Kyle McMurtrey was found dead behind Washington Plaza in a drainage ditch June 17. No arrests have been made in that case so far.
- Local health department leaders say COVID-19 cases could increase after Fourth of July celebrations
- Kurt’s Korner for July 7, 2020: trick shots in a parking garage
- Morton School Board using parent input to create return-to-school plan
- Community members rally in front of Peoria Police Department to support law enforcement
- Pekin High School to host graduation ceremony