WASHINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — A welfare check in Washington Monday has turned into a homicide investigation.
Washington Police Chief Mike McCoy says officers were called to an apartment on Holland Street about 12:30 p.m. where they found a man dead. McCoy says another person has been arrested for the death. He does not believe the incident holds any threat to the public.
A news conference has been planned for Tuesday at 10 a.m. The name of the victim and the person arrested is expected to be released after family members are notified.
This is the second homicide investigation in Washington this month. 34-year-old Kyle McMurtrey was found dead behind Washington Plaza in a drainage ditch June 17. No arrests have been made in that case so far.
- Newsfeed Now: Jury deliberations set to start in Chauvin trial; NASA launches helicopter over surface of Mars
- McLean County reporting 212 new cases of COVID-19, 106,022 total doses of vaccine administered
- 2 killed in fiery Tesla crash without anyone in the driver’s seat
- Vandals leave pig’s head, smear blood on former home of Derek Chauvin defense witness
- Luke Bryan wins top ACM Award, but female acts own the night