One man is injured after dehumidifier malfunctions and causes house fire

News
fire truck_1476350071861.jpeg

Firefighters are now saying they know the cause of a fire in a Peoria home. It happened around 11:20 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of W. Ravinswood road.

Fire crews found a man inside. He was transported to the hospital for possible smoke inhalation. Investigators now believe a dehumidifier malfunctioned and it spread flames across the basement.

Estimated damages are between $15,000-$75,000.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

COVID-19 IN CENTRAL ILLINOIS

Trending Stories

Latest Local News

More Local News