PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Peoria Park District Foundation is embracing a new way to support the park district during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Development Director Jocelyn McDowell said the group teamed up with Bremer’s Jewelry to create one of a kind bracelets. Each bracelet costs $40. $20 from each sale goes to the park district.
McDowell said the money goes to the Foundation’s Legacy Fund which protects and sustains natural areas. She said for people who have enjoyed park district resources and areas during the pandemic, it’s one way to give back.
“We are dedicating funds to preserving those unique resources, sot that will release other operating funds that can be used elsewhere,” said McDowell.
She also said the bracelets make for great gifts. Bracelets can be purchased online.
- Illinois leaders react to potential end of cash bail
- Peoria first responders, special response team train for real-life situations
- Democrats revive push to raise minimum wage to $15 by 2025
- North Pekin Marquette Height Scool District Board considers cutting a school, consolidating students into two
- ‘I’m so excited’: Chiefs Kingdom living in Tampa area ready for Super Bowl