PEORIA COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — A pedestrian is dead after being struck by a motorcycle early Saturday morning in Limestone Township.
According to Peoria County Sheriff Brian Asbell, sheriff deputies responded to a report of a person struck by a motorcycle around 12:30 a.m. on the 7400 block of W. Plank Rd.
The male pedestrian was pronounced deceased on the scene. The motorcycle operator was transported to the hospital with injuries.
“Alcohol appears to be a factor in this investigation,” Asbell said.
Sheriff Asbell says the investigation into the crash remains active.
- Ross Jackson wins 2020 Hershey Grant for encouraging everyone to be kind
- D87 eyeballing proposal that would eliminate final exams and reduce graduation requirements
- FBI warns ransomware assault threatens US healthcare system
- Advocates for and against abortion speaks on abortion rights
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?