PEORIA COUNTY, Ill. — Fire crews from Peoria and surrounding communities are all on the scene or on the way to a reported house fire on Route 91 across from the OSF facility.
Route 91 has been closed at Wood Sage Road, according to the Illinois Department of Transportation.
Smoke can be seen billowing from the structure from miles away. WMBD’s Matt Sheehan reports fire departments on the scene include crews from Peoria, Dunlap, and Brimfield.
(UPDATE: 11 a.m.) — Investigators are still working to learn what started a fire that destroyed a house off route 91 in Dunlap.
The call came in around 9 a.m. Two people that were inside the home were able to get out safely, according to the division chief with the Peoria Fire Department.
The division chief confirmed someone was seen being taken away from the scene in handcuffs, which is part of the investigation.
According to the Illinois Department of Transportation, Route 91 has been closed at Wood Sage Road.
At least seven companies were on the scene. The fire departments verified on the scene include:
- Peoria Fire Department
- Chillicothe Fire Department
- Brimfield Fire Department
- Dunlap Fire Department
This story will be updated when more information becomes available.
- Bloomington woman finds purpose, passion with latest business endeavor
- Illinois sets single-day record for positive COVID-19 tests
- Watch Live: Pres. Trump, Biden to appeal to last-minute voters in dueling Florida rallies
- Which states don’t bother to vote? See how Illinois compares to other states
- NASA to launch new satellite to enhance data for weather models, hurricane forecasting