PEORIA COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — Most Peoria County departments will be closing to the public Friday.
According to a Peoria County press release, the closings are due to the State of Illinois Tier 3 mitigation recommendations caused by the rising numbers of COVID-19 cases locally.
County staff will still be available by phone and email.
The Peoria County Courthouse will remain open to those who have scheduled business with the 10th Judicial Circuit.
Peoria County Animal Protection Services will also remain open, by appointment only, to those wanting to adopt an animal or look for a lost pet.
Contact information for county departments can be found on their websites:
- Peoria County
- Election Commission
- 10th Judicial Circuit
- Regional Office of Education
- Peoria City/County Health Department
- Prep Basketball Recap For Feb. 24, 2021
- Bloomington District 87 discussing more in-person learning days for hybrid students
- Illinois State University president Larry Dietz announces fall plan for students
- Peoria City Council candidates react to moving forward to the April election
- IVC Scores Quickly and In Bunches