PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Officials from the Peoria City/County Health Department gave a brief update Sunday after Peoria County had its first COVID-19 death Saturday.
The man has been identified as a 91-year-old who lived at Bickford of Peoria. Peoria County Coroner Jamie Hardwood said he will not release the man’s name out of respect and privacy.
Officials said the man was sick for at least a week before he succumbed to the virus. Relatives who have been in close contact with the man have been tested for the virus and those tests are pending.
Peoria County has 11 cases, Tazewell County has 13 and Woodford County has six.
- Area Wrestlers Bring Home ‘Unofficial’ Class 1A State Championships Thursday
- Facet Technologies sets up new headquarters in Peoria’s Fourth District
- Open for Business: ‘The Baking Baer’ food truck makes community debut
- Rain creates a potential for flooding; how highway departments prepare and ways to protect your home
- Florida pastor and son arrested for storming U.S. Capitol