ILLINOIS (WMBD) — The Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) today announced 2,121 new confirmed cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 22 additional confirmed deaths.
A Peoria County man in his 90s is the latest central Illinois person to die from the virus.
He is the 40th death due to COVID-19 reported in Peoria County.
Because Tri-County health officials do not post case numbers or deaths on the weekend, we will not know the new totals until Monday.
The preliminary seven-day statewide positivity for cases as a percent of total test from September 5 – September 12 is 3.7%.
Within the past day, labs have reported 56,594 specimens for a total of 4,688,976. As of Friday night, 1,509 people in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19.
Of those, 344 patients were in the ICU and 170 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
- Bond set at $25K for ‘Dreadhead Cowboy’ after horse ride on Dan Ryan
- Stimulus checks: Mark Cuban pushes for $1,000 payments every 2 weeks
- Big Game Bound Week 3: Mahomes and Chiefs vs. Jackson and Ravens
- Former Peoria Bishop passes away Thursday; funeral to be in Peoria
- Unit 5 students returning to in-person learning in October