PEORIA COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — Three more COVID-19 cases have been confirmed at the Peoria County jail, according to Sheriff Brian Asbell.
Asbell confirmed the new cases Friday morning, bringing the total number of detainees who have tested positive to 37.
Asbell said there were 194 detainees who tested negative on the first round of testing and results came back for 79 of those individuals. Of those 79, he said 76 were negative.
Asbell said around 115 tests are outstanding, either awaiting results or need to be tested a second time.
Asbell said the jail remains on lockdown. He said they are continuing to work with the Peoria City/County Health Department to mitigate exposure risks and properly treat anyone infected.
At this time, there are no new reports of employees infected at the jail.
- Pres. Trump to hold Monday briefing
- U of I: Mandatory COVID-19 testing for on-campus students and staff
- Midday fire at Precision Tooling Group in Towanda
- One woman dead after crash at Dietrich and Airport
- More COVID cases confirmed at McLean Co. Jail