UPDATE: THURSDAY 4 p.m. — OSHA is now handling the investigation at BioUrja, and the Peoria Fire Department has been relieved of its duties.

A representative with BioUrja said the plant is still closed, and they are assessing the situation to determine the best way to safely restart the plant.

UPDATE: THURSDAY 10:30 a.m. — Peoria fire crews are working with a team from BioUrja, and more help is on the way.

OSHA spokesperson Scott Allen said OSHA is investigating and have compliance officers on the scene. They are looking into the cause and making sure all OSHA standards were being followed.

A mitigation company under the agricultural service will provide assistance to come up with a strategic plan moving forward.

Firefighters are rotating in two-hour shifts due to extreme heat.

While no serious injuries were reported, two workers were hospitalized. One has already been released from the hospital and another is expected to be fine.

The Peoria Fire Department has a hazmat team on the scene. That team is focusing on CO2 levels and explosive limits.

UPDATE: THURSDAY 7 a.m. — Damages from an explosion at the BioUrja plant are estimated to be more than $2 million.

At approximately 9 p.m. Wednesday, the Peoria Fire Department responded to the plant for reports of a grain bin explosion. At the plant, several large bins were on fire and suffered heavy damage.

Due to the severity of the situation, the fire department was unable to completely put out the flames.

As of 7:30 a.m. Thursday morning, crews remained on the scene at a distance due to the structural damage and high levels of CO2, monitoring the aftermath.

The incident that caused the fire is still under investigation.

PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Peoria Fire Department is on standby after an explosion at the former ADM plant Wednesday night.

Interim Fire Chief Shawn Sollberger said three other grain bins were damaged during the explosion and are currently leaning. The damage to these bins has the potential for another explosion to occur.

Sollberger also said two employees were injured, but are expected to be discharged from the hospital soon.

Our reporter on scene saw multiple departments and the Peoria Police Department assisting.

This is a developing story. More details are expected to be announced.