PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria firefighters and paramedics responded to a report of a smoke alarm activation and smoke in the basement level of an apartment complex on the 1800 block of W. Kingsway around 11:46 p.m. Monday.
The Initial company of firefighters on the scene extinguished the fire within minutes of arrival.
The fire was contained to the kitchen of the apartment, and Peoria fire reports that the fire was unintentional. The apartment suffered heavy smoke damage and the common halway suffered light smoke damage. Damages are estimated to cost $30,000.
No injuries to civilians or firefighters were reported at this time.
- Peoria County at state COVID-19 warning level
- Newsfeed Now: Ginsburg becomes first woman to lie in state at US Capitol, protests continue across the country
- Two movies will be shown at Dozer Park this weekend
- One of last living Tuskegee Airmen celebrates 102nd birthday
- Pritzker talks $140 million for healthcare providers statewide