PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Firefighters responded to a fire around 7 p.m. at the Burger King at 3129 N University St.
According to Battalion Chief Steve Rada, when they arrived at the scene they saw black smoke coming from the roof and moderate smoke in the building.
Fire crews located a moderate fire in the hood exhaust system. The fire was under control within 15 minutes.
Rada said Grease build-up in the hood system contributed to the fire. Two employees were in the building at the time and escaped without injuries.
- Proposed Club Car Wash on corner of Glen Ave. and University St.
- Reynolds Brothers Return to PND, Irish Back on Floor for Practice
- Trump button used to order Diet Coke disappears from Oval Office’s Resolute Desk
- “She had a heart of gold;” Friend remembers Mona Ellison
- Illinois Congressman Goes to Bat for High School Sports