PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Firefighters responded to a house fire near Lynn St. and Richmond Ave. in Peoria Tuesday.
According to Acting Battalion Chief Stephanie Baxter, fire was coming from a front window of the three-story home when firefighters arrived.
Civilians on the scene said there were possibly three people in the home at the time of the fire. After putting out the fire, no residents were located inside the home.
Chief Baxter said a civilian was taken to the hospital for burns, their condition is currently unknown.
The fire was caused by a space heater and is estimated to have caused $65,000 in damages.
- Man charged after social media video shows speedometer reach 213 mph on Indianapolis highway
- Twin-Cities get second cannabis dispensary, first for the City of Bloomington
- Bloomington man’s trial carries into day 2
- Illinois leaders explain impact if cash bail ends
- Peoria first responders, special response team train for real-life situations