PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Peoria Lock & Dam is now officially open.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers announced Wednesday the lock & dam is now open for navigation, but may need additional 8-hour closures in the near future.
When the closures happen, they will be posted here.
The maintenance on the Peoria Lock & Dam began back in July. You can find our coverage here.
This was part of a nearly $200 million project along the Illinois River temporarily shutting down five locks & dams.
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR
- The Kool-Aid Man is crashing some houses for a “reverse Trick-or-Treat” this Halloween
- Man arrested for downtown Peoria Stabbing