PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A Peoria native is making her pitch for a city council seat.
Patrice Foster said she intends to run for the first district. She said her community has so much to give if given the right opportunities and investments.
“We have failed this district we have great clubs, bars but we are also highlighting the bad. Never talking about the good. We’re not shying away from the problems, but I believe in fixing things. If there is a will there is away. And I want to provide that way for my district,” she said.
Foster said people want accountability for landlords, and wore down properties on the southside. She’d also said she would like to see more effort to clean and bring liveliness to the area.
- Local health department leaders say COVID-19 cases could increase after Fourth of July celebrations
- Kurt’s Korner for July 7, 2020: trick shots in a parking garage
- Morton School Board using parent input to create return-to-school plan
- Community members rally in front of Peoria Police Department to support law enforcement
- Pekin High School to host graduation ceremony