PEORIA Ill.- An elderly man is dead after being hit by an SUV on Knoxville Monday night.
Peoria Police Spokesperson Amy Dotson confirms that at approximately 5:52 p.m., Peoria Police and Peoria Firefighters were dispatched to the 8500 block of Knoxville Avenue in regards to a pedestrian struck by a vehicle.
Dotson says an elderly man wearing all dark clothing was trying to cross Knoxville eastbound at Picture Ridge Road. Dotson says a witness on scene says the man was standing in southbound lane traffic when he was struck by an SUV traveling southbound on Knoxville.
According to Peoria Fire, an off-duty nurse provided CPR before firefighter/paramedics arrived and took over patient care. Resuscitation efforts were unsuccessful and the elderly man was pronounced dead at the scene.
A second minor crash occurred between the SUV and another vehicle traveling northbound on Knoxville.
Dotson confirms that all parties involved remained on scene.
The identity of the man will be released at a later time by the Peoria County Coroner.
The accident remains under investigation by the Peoria Police Department Traffic Unit.
- Bradley Volleyball Tunes Up for Opener with Win Over UIS
- Connect Transit searching for new general manager, looks to hire by March
- Sen. Dick Durbin, lawmakers re-introduce Domestic Terrorism Prevention Act bill
- Liquor license fees waved for Washington bars and restaurants
- UnityPoint Health distributes over 500 vaccines on first-day of phase 1-B