PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A longtime member of the Peoria Police Department is retiring.
Police Capt. Todd Green is ending his 26-year career with the PPD effective Saturday. Police Chief Loren Marion made the announcement Friday afternoon.
Green joined the police department Oct. 4, 1993. He has served in numerous units including Patrol, Criminal Investigations, and Special Response Team as a negotiator.
In 2009, Green was promoted to the rank of sergeant assigned to patrol operations then served as the field training sergeant. In 2012, Green was promoted to the rank of lieutenant and served as the shift commander in patrol operations.
Additionally, he served as the professional standards lieutenant and worked in traffic/special operations. He was appointed to captain in 2016. Over the course of his career, Green received four Distinguished Service Awards.
- Bradley, ISU Fall in Valley Play
- Peoria Public Works crews prepare, snow trucks ready for winter weather
- Peoria Grown opens Market 309, increasing access to affordable fresh produce
- Reigning champion Chiefs dump Bills 38-24 in AFC title game
- Bradley University looking to help local small business owners through workshop