(UPDATE — 7:55 p.m.) — Peoria Police are looking for a man after a standoff shut down part of Sheridan road Tuesday.

According to a Peoria Police Department press release, police have identified one of the suspects, 22-year-old DeAngelo D. Coleman.

The press release stated that police initially responded to a disturbance call involving armed men inside a residence. Officers established a perimeter, but later determined that the suspects fled the scene as officers arrived.

Coleman is currently wanted on charges of aggravated assault, and is considered armed and dangerous.

Anyone with information is encouraged to contact Peoria Police Dept at (309) 673-4521, or Crime Stoppers at (309) 673-9000.

(UPDATE — 4:30 p.m.) — Police are clearing the scene of a standoff that closed the area near Sheridan Road and Russell Street Tuesday afternoon.

Peoria Police Public Information Officer Semone Roth said when officers entered the house with a warrant, nobody was inside.

The standoff is now an ongoing investigation. The 1100 block of Sheridan Road is now open to traffic.

PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Police are encouraging people to avoid the area near Sheridan Road and Russell Street Tuesday, where a standoff between police and two possibly armed males is underway.

Peoria Police Public Information Officer Semone Roth confirmed the incident is a standoff. She said the standoff involves two males in a disagreement, and they are possibly armed inside a house.

Officers are trying to get the men to come out of the house. They have also closed the 1100 block of Sheridan Road.

Special enforcement officers are currently at the scene of the standoff.

Peoria Police Chief Eric Echevarria told WMBD that police have a warrant and will be able to enter the house soon.

According to a post on the Peoria Police’s Facebook page, everyone is encouraged to avoid the area due to the standoff.

Close by is Franklin Primary School, which was put on lockdown for a short time while police are handling the standoff. Spokesperson Thomas Bruch confirmed the news at 3:45 Tuesday afternoon.

Bruch also said everyone inside the building was able to move freely without issue, and the school was dismissed at 3:40 p.m.

WMBD has sent a crew to the scene to learn more.

This story will be updated when more information becomes available.