PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Public School District 150 is honoring some faculty members with special recognition Thursday.
The event is called “Those Who Excell,” and District 150 has rolled out the red carpet for individual faculty members that went above and beyond in their particular branch of the administration.
There are award winners in seven different categories. The winners are:
- Administrator of the Year: Principal Thomas Blumer, Lincoln K-8.
- Classroom Teacher of the Year: Marricea Page, Dr. Maude A. Sanders Primary School.
- Educational Service Personnel of the year: Athletic Director Brien Dunphy, Peoria High School.
- Student Support Personnel of the year: SEL Behavioral Coach Andrew Brown, Peoria Public Schools.
- Outstanding Early Career Educator: Sixth-grade math teacher Brandon Jamirson, Lincoln k-8.
- Team of the Year: Green Team Volunteers (Sandy Keltner, Ken Keltner, and Paula Jacobs), Valeska Hilton Early Childhood Education Center.
- Volunteer of the year: Stacy Hardin, Owner of the Book Rack.
More information about the award winners is available on the Peoria Public School’s website.
- Fire crews respond to hazmat spill in Chillicothe
- Bradley’s Late Heroics Fall Short, Xavier Tops Braves 51-50
- Illinois Wins Second Straight To Open Season
- Peoria’s South Side Mission still feeds thousands on Thanksgiving under new regulations
- With recommendations to not travel this holiday season, Wildlife Prairie Park offers families the chance to spend this Thanksgiving outside, and closer to home