PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — A Peoria resident suffered burn injuries after trying to put out a fire inside his home Thursday afternoon.
Peoria firefighters were called to a home in the 2100 block of West Ann Street just before 1 p.m. A resident told firefighters he had left incense burning on a kitchen window, catching some plastic blinds on fire.
Fire officials said the man suffered injuries to his hand after he attempted to put the fire out using a pan of water. Despite the injuries, the man refused to go to the hospital.
The fire was put out within minutes of the Fire Department’s arrival. The total damage was estimated at $1,500.
- Illinois region to return to Phase 4; indoor dining, larger gatherings may resume with restrictions
- Brad Pitt, Jennifer Anniston, other stars reunite for ‘Fast Times at Ridgemont High’ virtual table read
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 1
- Furrever Friends Friday 9/18/20 Part 2
- Cracker Barrel set to add these alcoholic drinks to its menus