PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Peoria Police Department is investigating the death of a woman who was found dead in a car over the weekend as a homicide.
Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood said Keishana C. Currie, 34, of Peoria, suffered blunt force head trauma, as well as a single-gun-shot wound to the head. She likely died instantly.
At around 5:00 a.m., officers responded to the 500 block of W Loucks for reports of an unresponsive female. Police said emergency life-saving measures were attempted, but Currie was pronounced dead at the scene.
Those with information regarding this incident are encouraged to call the PPD at (309) 673-4521 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at (309) 673-9000.
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Dr. Fauci says COVID-19 vaccine won’t be available until January, warns U.S. is ‘not in a good place’ as cases spike
- As calls increase for court advocates for children, importance of fundraising continues
- Twitter, Google, Facebook CEOs face questions on content monitoring policies
- ‘Sis & Me: Down by the Sea,’ a new children’s book by the Center for Prevention of Abuse