PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — The Peoria Police Department is investigating the death of a woman who was found dead in a car over the weekend as a homicide.
Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood said Keishana C. Currie, 34, of Peoria, suffered blunt force head trauma, as well as a single-gun-shot wound to the head. She likely died instantly.
At around 5:00 a.m., officers responded to the 500 block of W Loucks for reports of an unresponsive female. Police said emergency life-saving measures were attempted, but Currie was pronounced dead at the scene.
Those with information regarding this incident are encouraged to call the PPD at (309) 673-4521 or CrimeStoppers anonymously at (309) 673-9000.
- Storms roll through central Illinois Saturday night
- Rally held in Normal seeks justice for Vanessa Guillen
- Over 24,000 Ameren customers without power during storms in Illinois
- Four firefighters test positive for COVID-19, 15 total in quarantine
- Donna Jean’s Cafe welcomes community during grand reopening