PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Police are investigating a police tip that led to a body being found in Peoria Monday morning.
Police said just before 10 a.m. they found a woman dead in a home on W. Martin Luther King Jr. Drive near Sterling Avenue. They said she had been dead for a significant amount of time.
Investigators are not calling the death suspicious.
According to Peoria County Coroner Jamie Harwood, an autopsy is being done on Monday.
- Dow passes 30,000 points on vaccine hopes, Biden transition
- WATCH LIVE: Pritzker, Ezike give COVID-19 update
- Jupiter, Saturn to form closest ‘great conjunction’ in 800 years
- South Side Mission forced to close New Promise Center Shelter
- Wildlife Prairie Park hosting outdoor scavenger hunt for families on Thanksgiving