PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Since the middle of November, Central Illinois has operated under Tier 3 mitigations.
On Monday, Gov. J.B. Pritzker said Region 2 and 3 can take a step closer to reopening. Our region, Region 2, moves back to Tier 2 mitigations Friday.
The Morton Chamber of Commerce reported indoor recreational facilities like casinos, museums, and bowling alleys can reopen. This still limits casinos to a capacity of 25%, and they must close by 11:00 p.m.
All other facilities can have 50% capacity.
Hotel event spaces and fitness centers can now operate at 50% capacity. Meetings and social gatherings are now allowed up to ten people.
Salons and barbers can now operate at 50% capacity. Beard trims and facials — services where the patron has to remove their facial covering — are now allowed.
Retail shops can now operate at 50% capacity.
Indoor dining for bars and restaurants are still prohibited as of the Governor’s announcement on Monday.
He is expected to update and clarify these new rules later this week.
- GM of Peoria Civic Center hopeful about future, event organizers adapt in the meantime
- Peoria receives $200,000 grant to demolish abandoned homes
- Here are the early Super Bowl prop bets
- Game On: Area Coaches Excited to Finally Have an IHSA Schedule
- Biden: ‘Waited too long to deal with climate crisis’