PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Two people are hospitalized after being shot overnight in South Peoria, according to the Peoria Police Department.
Peoria Police spokeswoman said shot spotter alert reported 20 rounds of shots in the 2000 block of South Oregon Street around 2 a.m. Sunday. The victims- a female who suffered a gunshot wound to the hip, and a male who suffered a gunshot wound to the leg and wrist, were transported to a local hospital. According to police, their injuries are not considered life-threatening at this time.
Police said this shooting is still under investigation.
Check back for updates.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates