PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Riley’s Vegan Sweets and Eats served 52 Thanksgiving meals today.
Founder and owner Riley Greenwood said she’s happy to provide vegan food to a seemingly growing community.
“It’s awesome to be able to provide a cruelty-free, dairy-free, egg-less, mostly soy-free, I mean there are traces of soy within the meal, but there is no tofu, no heavy soy within this actual meal. So overall, it’s just a healthier option, and I’m just really really excited to be able to provide it to so many people this year,” Greenwood said.
The bakery offers specials every Tuesday, and you can find them on their Facebook page.
- College Hoops Roundup For Jan. 16, 2021
- ISU board of trustees search for next President, give Dietz a bonus
- East Peoria Firefighters train, prepare for ice rescues
- McLean County Health Department officials say COVID-19 vaccine clinics are booked for the next two weeks
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander