SPRINGFIELD, Ill. (WMBD) — Gov. J.B. Pritzker announced Rita Ali has been appointed to serve on the Illinois Housing Development Authority.
The appointment was one of 18 that Gov. Pritzker announced Wednesday.
Locally, Ali has served as an At large member of the Peoria City Council and has served as the Vice President of Workforce and Diversity at Illinois Central College.
More Information about the Illinois Housing Development Authority can be found on its website.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates