WARREN COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — Illinois State Police (ISP) said a Little York woman who was driving under the influence was injured in a Saturday evening car crash in Warren County.
ISP said 49-year-old Crystal Yeast of Little York was driving north on Illinois Route 135 going toward 235th Ave. in her 2013 green Chevrolet Cobalt around 11:04 p.m. Police said Yeast crossed over both lanes and steered off the roadway heading west where she struck a ditch. The vehicle kept moving and rammed through a fence before stopping in a wooded area.
Ambulance arrived at the scene at took Yeast to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
While the crash is still under investigation, ISP cited Yeast for driving under the influence of alcohol, improper lane usage, and operating an uninsured motor vehicle.
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi still hoping to strike deal before election
- Tailgate N’ Tallboys returning to Peoria in 2021
- VP Pence’s top aide tests positive for coronavirus
- DeAndre Houston-Carson is helping the Bears’ defense close games in 2020
- Regional Cross Country Roundup