PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) — Peoria Police Traffic Officers determined Wednesday night that a second vehicle was involved in a crash that killed four young women Sunday.
The driver of the second vehicle was identified as 42-year-old Jerome C. Polnitz.
Polnitz has been arrested for street racing, driving while having a suspended license, reckless driving, leaving the scene with injury, failure to notify police, failure to give aid, and speeding.
Information gathered by Peoria Police determined that both vehicles were traveling at a high rate of speed when the vehicle occupied by the four women lost control and crashed into a tree.
Evidence does not indicate that there was any contact between the two vehicles.
- Teenager stabbed in Pekin
- Local election officials assure the public ballots are safe from foreign interference
- Dream center to offer mobile showers to the Peoria homeless community
- Who won the Trump-Biden debate? 6 key moments from the final showdown
- Current Peoria mayoral race entirely made up of diverse candidates