WOODFORD COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — Illinois State Police are reporting a semi-trailer accident causing closures on part of Interstate 74.
The accident happened westbound on I-74 near milepost 117 in Woodford County. A 2011 Black Freightliner Truck Tractor Semi-Trailer overturned off the right side of the road in a construction zone.
The truck’s content began to leak after it overturned. I-74’s west and eastbound lanes have been closed between the Goodfield and Carlock exits during the cleanup process.
The trucks 58-year-old driver was issued a citation for improper lane usage.
This story will be updated.
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- 7-year-old Jeopardy! superfan gets sweet message from Alex Trebek after dressing up as ‘mini-Trebek’ for Halloween
- 103-year-old woman’s voting history dates back to FDR
- The Kool-Aid Man is crashing some houses for a “reverse Trick-or-Treat” this Halloween
- Man arrested for downtown Peoria Stabbing