WOODFORD COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — Illinois State Police are reporting a semi-trailer accident causing closures on part of Interstate 74.
The accident happened westbound on I-74 near milepost 117 in Woodford County. A 2011 Black Freightliner Truck Tractor Semi-Trailer overturned off the right side of the road in a construction zone.
The truck’s content began to leak after it overturned. I-74’s west and eastbound lanes have been closed between the Goodfield and Carlock exits during the cleanup process.
The trucks 58-year-old driver was issued a citation for improper lane usage.
This story will be updated.
- Rep. Bustos discusses President Biden’s COVID-19 strategy
- Unit 5 school district returning to 5 days a week in February
- Indoor dining to return in west, north Chicago suburbs tomorrow as Illinois reports 2,944 COVID-19 cases, 49 deaths
- House to send Trump impeachment to Senate tonight
- Illinois Eye Center welcomes board-certified ophthalmologist, cataract surgeon