PEORIA COUNTY, Ill. (WMBD) — (UPDATE: 12:07 p.m.) — Maxwell Road has reopened after the semi-truck that flipped onto its side in a field was towed out and damages were cleaned up.
Maxwell Road is closed in both directions after a semi-truck flipped over onto its side Monday morning.
The semi-truck is flipped over in Limestone Township causing some roadblocks. Police said the semi-truck ran through the intersection between N. Maxwell Road and W. Plank Road.
Officials said the semi-truck was carrying dog food. The driver sustained non-life-threatening injuries in the crash. The driver also took out a light pole before flipping over in a nearby field.
The Peoria County Sheriff’s Department responded to the scene as well as the Limestone Fire Department and other emergency services. A tow truck is on the scene to remove the semi-truck from the field.
This developing story will be updated as more information becomes available.
- ISU professor: N95 masks are your best choice for air travel
- 6 new COVID-related deaths from ongoing outbreaks reported in Tri-County update
- Watch: Bruce Willis just (briefly) brought back his Die Hard role
- CVS hiring several thousand work-from-home employees among 15,000 openings
- Peoria Heights discussing part-time fire chief at Tuesday night meeting