BLOOMINGTON, Ill. (WMBD) — After 18 years in the Illinois Senate, Rep. Bill Brady (R-Bloomington) is resigning effective Thursday, Dec. 31 at 11:59 p.m.
Brady took to Twitter Thursday afternoon to announce the news.
“Illinois has much it can be proud of, and I am proud to have made a contribution to this state, and especially the citizens of Central Illinois, during my time in office,” he said in a post.
No reason for the resignation has been given.
- College Hoops Roundup For Jan. 16, 2021
- ISU board of trustees search for next President, give Dietz a bonus
- East Peoria Firefighters train, prepare for ice rescues
- McLean County Health Department officials say COVID-19 vaccine clinics are booked for the next two weeks
- Biden introduces key members of science team, including pioneering geneticist Eric Lander