PEORIA, Ill. (WMBD) – Wednesday’s storms are to blame for a partial home collapse in Peoria.
Fire crews and Ameren officials responded to the home at 2709 W. Richwoods Boulevard around 5:45 p.m. to secure the area. A firefighter on the scene said the heavy rains caused the damage.
The homeowner said the wall collapse affected his basement and laundry room.
We have a crew on scene and will update this story as we learn more.
- LIVE: Pritzker gives COVID-19 update in Chicago
- Illinois reports 1,759 new COVID-19 cases, 30 coronavirus-related deaths
- Normal police officer finds garage on fire at Towanda and Baugh
- Bloomington apparel designer celebrates store’s grand opening
- Cardinals to travel back home following negative COVID tests